Issues Upgrading to 4.0

by Gretchen Benton 1 year ago

What priority items did/do you have on your list to fix/address prior to you Moodle production stite 4.0 upgrade?

I am looking for feedback on any issues maitenance performed in your sandbox/production site during your upgrade to Moodle 4.0. Recently our sandbox site was upgraded and our "Add an Activity or Resource" button broke!! This has me concerned and I want to proactively solve any issues prior to the update.

I think having a community listing of issues encountered and to-dos would be some very helpful collaboration. I have included mine so far: 

• Broken "Add an Activity or Resource" button (would not work at all, could edit existing content, just couldn't create new)
    • Solution: Submitted ticket to Open LMS and it was fixed quickly. 
  • Plugin update - reviewing all plugins, removing old ones and updating any out of date plugins
    • Solution: Submitted ticket to Open LMS, ongoing.
  • Course content area too narrow
    • Solution: we used a bit of code to expand the content area. Site Admin->Appearnce->Themes->Boost->Advanced Settings-> Paste $course-content-maxwidth: 85% !default; into Raw Initial SCSS-> Save)
  • Switched to Boost Theme
    • Solution: I requested some Theme presets from Open LMS that would allow us to customize the design of our Moodle better, but have not customized/chosen on yet. 
  • Updating Moodle tutorials
    • Solution: I plan to leverage this Moodle 4.0 Youtube playlist to share with faculty and create our own (especially for students) to fill in any gaps.