This course covers topics dealing with financing a business, analysis of financial statements, working capital management, short-and long-term financial planning, budgeting and control.
1. Describe and interpret the four standard financial statements.
2. Describe the importance of current assets and liabilities.
3. Calculate and interpret standard business ratios including: current, inventory turnover, gross margin (profit), ROA, ROE, EPS, and A/R Days.
4. Discuss the difference between markup and margin.
5. Calculate break-even points and units needed to make profit levels.
6. Calculate working capital and estimate minimum cash reserves.
7. Track cash flows for an organization.
Banks are a riddle wrapped up in an enigma. We all kind of know that they do stuff with money we don't understand, while the last crisis left a feeling of deep mistrust and confusion. We try to shed a bit of light onto the banking system. Why were banks invented, why did they cause the last crisis and are there alternatives? The video "Banking Explained - Money and Credit" is a resource included in the Finance topic made available from the Kurzgesagt open educational resource series.
The mechanics of a bitcoin transaction block chain, which is a construct that is generated by bitcoin miners and functions as a global ledger for recording and validating bitcoins.